Lobsters can be Steamed, Boiled, Baked, Grilled or Broiled!
The method you choose is a personal preference, but any of the techniques result in a fantastic dinner. The most popular method by far for cooking lobster is to either boil or steam to perfection. You will find that an incredible gourmet lobster dinner is easy to prepare.
Cooking Time Guide for Perfect Steamed or Boiled Lobster
|Chicks: 1.0 to 1.25 lb||10 min.||11 min.||3 min.|
|Medium: 1.25 to 1.50 lb||12 min.||13 min.||4 min.|
|Large: 1.50 to 1.75 lb||15 min.||16 min.||4 min.|
|Jumbo 2.0 lb||18 min.||20 min.||5 min.|
|Select 2.50 lb||24 min.||26 min.||6 min.|
|3 Pounder||28 min.||30 min.||6 min.|
|3.50 Pounder||30 min.||32 min.||8 min.|
|4 Pounder||32 min.||34 min.||8 min.|
Download our PDF file containing some great cooking ideas or feel free to check out Coastal Living for some great ideas on cooking delicious Lobster!
Got a Great Lobstah Recipe?
We’re listing a few recipes here, but if you’ve got a lobstah recipe you just gottah share go ahead and post it in a comment below!
Jordan Pond House Popovers:
In Acadia National Park, near Bar Harbor Maine, is Jordan Pond. A century ago the teahouse at Jordan Pond was a gathering place where the aristocracy had tea and popovers with strawberry jam each day at 4 o’clock.
Servings: 2 large popovers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- preheat oven to 425 deg. F.
- using a mixer at high speed beat eggs for 2-3 minutes.
- at slow speed slowly add 1/2 cup of milk.
- in another bowl add 1 cup sifted flour, salt and sifted baking soda.
- at low speed add the dry ingredients to the eggs and milk until blended.
- at medium speed slowly add the remaining milk, blend for 1 minute.
- now beat at high speed for 5 minutes.
- fill each cup half full with batter into well-buttered popover pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- reduce heat to 350 deg. F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 2 small cooked lobsters
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- lemon wedges
- freshly boiled rice or hot buttered toast to serve
- Split lobsters in half and remove all the meat from the body and tail, cut into small pieces.
- Crack the claws and remove the meat, then cut into pieces.
- Melt butter in a heavy medium skillet and gently saute lobster meat for 3 minutes.
- Add sherry, increase heat slightly and cook for 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced by about half.
- Beat egg yolks with salt, pepper and mustard, then add cream and lemon juice.
- Add to skillet, reduce heat and cook very gently, stirring constantly until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat, season to taste.
- Stir in chives, garnish with lemon wedges.
Serve immediately with rice or toast.